The Adaptil Collar is activated by body heat and releases the calming pheromone constantly, even when the dog is outside. It is essential to keep the Collar in close contact with the dog’s skin at all times.
The Adaptil Collar is ideal for:
- Puppy socialization
- Loud noises (thunderstorms or fireworks), especially for dogs living mostly outdoors and who cannot be kept home during such events
- Staying home alone
- Outdoor dogs experiencing signs of stress
Two sizes of adjustable collars are available:
- Small/Medium (fits neck up to 37.5cm)
- Medium/Large (fits neck up to 62.5cm).
Each collar lasts up to 4 weeks. For best results in all dogs, use for at least 30 days and keep the collar on continuosly. For best results in puppies, place the collar as soon as you get the puppy and replace the collar monthly for the following four months.
How to fit an ADAPTIL collar
- Place a finger in the plastic loop situated on the inside of the collar close to the buckle
- Using this loop, pull the thin plastic to uncoil the collar
- Place over your dog's head and around the neck
- Tighten the collar to fit snugly
- You should be able to place no more than two fingers between the collar and dog’s skin
- If your dog has long hair, part the hair to ensure that the collar is in close contact with the skin
- Ensure the collar is fixed inside the buckle
- Cut off the excess portion of the collar
Note regarding puppies: As the puppy grows, it’s important to regularly adjust the fit of the collar to make sure it’s not too tight.
The Adaptil Collar works on all breeds of dog, as long as it is fitted correctly.
The appeasing pheromone is released almost immediately. The collar will not work when it is wet -but diffuses again as soon as it’s dry.
If your dog wears another collar, it is important to ensure the Adaptil Collar stays in contact with skin. Do not attach a leash to the the Adaptil Collar.
Do not use the collar on dogs with skin lesions in the neck area.
Do not open the protective pouch until you are ready to use the product.
For more information on how to best use Adaptil Collar for your dog’s benefit, please also check the FAQ, page as it provides useful information on many specific situations.