Increase safety: Use reflectors on your dog in the dark
A car driver using low beams in the dark can spot a dog from about 20 meters away. By using reflectors, you give the driver an opportunity to slow down in good time and increase visibility considerably, even at longer distances. Whether you're walking in the city or along dark roads, reflexes for your dog are life insurance for both of you.
Don't forget that reflectors wear out over time, especially when exposed to harsh weather. It is therefore important to regularly inspect and clean your reflectors or replace them every year. A simple test is to compare a new reflex with an old one in a dark room and use a flashlight to judge their visibility at a distance.
Choose the right reflexes for your dog
Depending on your dog's coat and needs, there are different reflex options to choose from:
- Reflective collar : Perfect for short-haired dogs.
- Reflective scarf : Provides extra coverage and can be used with a dog collar or harness.
- Reflective Vest : The best choice for long-haired dogs and also gives you extra visibility.
- Reflective blanket : Fully reflective dog blanket that reflects light from all angles to maximize visibility, comes in many different colors and looks like a regular blanket during the day.
- Reflective harness : Fits most dogs and is visible on shorter coats.
- Reflective details : Complete with small reflective details for increased visibility.
LED lamp for dog
To further improve visibility, you can also use a lamp on your dog. Attach an LED light to your dog's harness or collar and you will increase visibility when no light is shining on the dog. It also helps you see the dog if it runs loose in the dark. We recommend the Orbiloc LED lamp for dogs, which is by far the best dog lamp we have tested.
Safety for you who are out walking your dog
Sometimes you are so concerned about the dog being seen that you forget that you yourself also have to be seen. Don't forget to wear reflectors yourself when you're out for an evening walk with your dog. If you also need somewhere to store sweets, poo bags and perhaps a toy, we can recommend the Paikka Visibility Treat Bag, which is a fully reflective waist bag that is both practical and stylish. Whether you're walking along densely built-up streets with street lights or on dark country roads, reflectors are essential for your and your dog's safety. Use reflectors to increase visibility and reduce the risk of accidents.